Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update

Life has been busy. I have been finally able to enjoy my little man. We have many doctors appointments every week. Little Emerson was so cramped int he womb he has some muscle problems in his neck, back, shoulders and it causes problems in his throat and tongue. He lost so much weight in the first week home, we were days of being admitted to the hospital. But with the help of my lactation consultant we got him to gain weight. Due to the fact he was unable to swallow with out choking, we were sent to see a physio therapist who does Bowen Treatment. Emerson was unable to move his head to the right and if we tried, he would scream. He also couldn't hold his arms up near his ears. He was unable to latch to me and I lost my milk supply. I have been on medication and herbs since being sent home from the hospital.
I am taking 16 pills a day and now we have added 4 more since i pump so much and am getting severely clogged ducts. Its been a chaotic road and am getting used to it now and can finally begin to relax. My son can now stretch, I can put his shirts on without him screaming bloody murder, I can do so much with him now that most parents take for granted. We are winding down on appointments. We were at 3 a week, one chiro, one lactation totaling close to 7-10 a week, plus during all this i was unable to carry him in the car seat. I would have to find alternate ways to get him out of the car. Man, try taking him out of the car seat in the car, putting him in the baby bjorn while sleeping and then taking him to our 1 1/2 long appointment. I spend 20 hours a week driving, and sitting for appointments. Whoo hoo, coming to an end. I feel like now we are ready to move forward and have some fun, alhtough he will not be able to breastfeed i pump every 2 hours still, but have encountered low milk supply as a result of my constant blockage which now i have weekly appointments for that too.

I has been busy and i have tons of photos to share. In the last month he has done so much i cant remember. He recognizes peoples faces from photos i have and show him everyday. He waves with great control, can maintain tummy time and keep good control of his neck. The other day he held his own bottle, he even knew once the milk gets out, to hold the bottom to lift higher and get the milk.

He had his shots on Tues. He weighs 10.8 pounds and is advanced for his age physically and cognitively. I am doing things with him a 4 months old would practice. I have him on his activity mat (which was given to us by a late friend who recently passed. He gave it to us one month before he passed. Thanks willy :)

Oh, yeah, mr. drool mister has been drooling since he was 4 weeks old and soo may be breaking in a tooth. He also can scoot. He scooted backwards when he was 2 weeks old (cant use crib wedge, he scooted down and rolled over) and mike now calls him scooter. The dr. says he will be crawling soon. Last night he roller over onto his tummy and tried to scoot away. Man o man. Never imagined i would have such an advanced kid. My parenting childcare books are meaning less for his age. I just cant keep up.

Hope you enjoy the photos.





No comments: