It’s official. I did it. After almost 28 months of not having Emerson's haircut. I knew this day was coming. I just didn’t want to get rid of his beautiful golden locks. Last week we had a really warm day, and he got so overheated, i realized i just needed to do it. The day, Sunday, the time 1pm, the place, Lollipop cuts for kids in Granite Bay. Mike was home and wanted to go and I made an appointment.
As we first approached the door, I could see a one year old squirming and screaming. i thought, ok, lets get Emerson away from here so he doesn't see this kid freaking out. we walked around the shopping center for 20 min.
There was a 3 year old boy in front of us, who did awesome (great impression for Emerson) and as soon as Emerson saw those trains, he was off and running. They had a large flat panel TV with the movie CARS showing. when it was his turn, he was skeptical at first being strapped in, and called “mommy help” after the stylist explained to Emerson what she was doing, and giving him a toy, we were off.
The car toy she gave him worked perfectly. Then he noticed the Thomas phone. and omg, he called papa, nana, graham, blake, avery, ben and kara. He would say their names and talk a few seconds, say his goodbye and call another friend.
The stylist Deborah did amazing, Emerson felt so comfortable with her and she was just cracking up with all his phone calls.
I caught it all on video of course and with my Nikon. I got a certificate and envelope with hair from his curls and top blonde pieces of hair.
Only bad part, was trying to leave, he was running around playing with everything. It made me feel amazing that he did so well, and it was such a positive environment for him. Good news is, with the curly hair, we won’t have to go back for 2-3 more months.
No comments:
Post a Comment