Thursday, February 19, 2009

1 more day to be exact

Wow, so i got up this morning and looked at the clock and realized that tomorrow i will be having a son. It's 8:36 am and this is around the time i will be wheeled into recovery and seeing my boy and getting to hold him. Man, what a trip. My dad is here (hes still sleeping) They all got in around 12:30 last night. I fell asleep around 1 am. I have no problem sleeping, its staying asleep. Dad just got up. He looks different, he says hes lost 14 pounds. I cant wait till emerson wakes up, hes been asleep since last night. That way dad can feel him moving all around. Ahhhh, just ate my last modified, portion sized breakfast. Tomorrow, its crap. No just kidding. Anything but toast, yogurt and an egg. And tomorrow will be my last finger prick too. Time to retire the glucose monitor. Its been 12 weeks of this. I am thrilled for it to be done. I have learned so much and will definitely not be eating at most of the places i used to. Ick! To many carbs. No more subway, carls jr., more than 2 slices of pizza and more. I've learned how to improve my already healthy diet and will continue this meal plan. But so cant wait to have tons of milk. Ah, milk.
Today is our last appointments and then i will come home and visit dad. Unfortunately mikey has to work late tonight again. He has a possible distributor in Japan who is flying in to see him. With the recent stuff going on with the business, we have no choice, so thats where mike will be late into the night. He's going to be one tired dude. Especially while i sleep at the hospital, he'll be changing emersons diapers and stuff.

No comments: