Thursday, February 5, 2009

2 weeks left!!!

I am measuring 36 weeks, lost a little weight and the fetal monitoring is going well. Mike sat in for the first 5 minutes. Emerson was sleeping at first, once he heard mike and i talk, his blood pressure went up. I noticed lately that he can be asleep and every time we talk he wakes up. He had a bad case of hiccups so the sounds i heard were "Boom, Boom" in between the heartbeats. He slept for 10 min and i was told to do what i need to do to get him up. Another cute trick i can do is tickle him. I find his little butt, use one finger and rub the belly in that area, and he flinches. Then when his knees and legs move too, i do the same thing over there. Poor guy is soooo ticklish. It stimulated him and he was moving all around like a little wiggle worm. Ten min. later Barbra my nurse comes in the room, looks at the readings, jumps up and down clapping and says "mamma knows exactly what to do!" She was impressed how well i know him and how to get him to do things. She gets excited since the sessions can last up to 1 hour if the moms cant get baby awake. Shes also impressed at the interactivity he already has with the outside world. He recognizes certain voices, likes certain music, wakes up when i type on the computer (hes wide awake now) wakes during my phone texting, he loves the sound of the shower. Everytime I shower, within a min. he is up. Its been neat to put my theories to test, and have them confirmed with the monitoring. She says he's still thriving in there and that i've done a great job at dealing with the diabetes and eating right. He's a healthy baby and will be around 7 pounds. I know he is just dying to stretch his legs out.

I packed the hospital bags. I got his diaper bag, packed his outfit and blanket and my viacord kit. It was surreal. I was choosing the outfit and putting it away thinking I have been wanting this for almost 10 years and now i get to use the bag and clothing for my own baby. Who will actually come home in it. Its really surreal. Saturday we will install the car seat, and finish up loose ends around the house.

The doctor says i should be released around sunday-tues depends on how i'm doing. With all the dang exercising i have strong ab muscles i should be fine. Its gonna be a trip to see him. I already know him, I can feel him but to see him and hear him and smell him i am soooo looking forward too.

My next batch of appointments are on monday. I'll be at the doctors around 2 hours or so. I have 2 back to back. I so cant wait to eat some good food. I'll be bringing some snacks into the hospital since i have been craving them since November. I have been getting asked lately if i would go through this again for a second child. (i have an 80% chance) and the answer is yes! I haven't seen my boy but to know if your responsible, take the dr.s orders seriously, and focus on the end result, i wouldn't have it any other way. Hes amazing and i would do it again hands down. Small price to pay for a human life.

No comments: