Well, a day and a half or so. Well, it's 10:00 pm on wends night. My dads flight gets in here soon. The last time I saw him was in June for my IVF treatment. I've been sending him photos and he looks at my blog everyday but this will be nice to have him see me in person. So, today i got my nursing bras, got gas in the car, got groceries and tried to clean the house up. You know, funny thing and I'm sure those of you who had C-sections know, but after surgery there are lots you cant do for a while. Like trimming your toenails. I was taking car of things today that only i would be able to do once my recovery was over. One of which was clipping my toenails. I mean think about it, how the heck are you supposed to bend like that after surgery, or shave your legs. I'm not supposed to shower for sometime so, things like that. Bending down to tie my shoes also, so maybe i should get some slip ons or something. I just think of the things i have difficulty doing now, and find a way to make it easier for when i get home.
Anyway, at my fetal appointment i had a little scare. Tues i went in and things were going great then all of a sudden he rolls up in a ball, causing discomfort and my alarm goes off. I watched his heartbeat plummet 60 or more beats and i panicked. I called for the nurse, and she explained to me what happened. At the time, my braxton hick was so strong he moved and leaned his head or shoulder on the umbilical cord and cut off his oxygen supply. As soon as i stood up to get the nurse he moved and it was fine. They needed to have me stay another 30 min to see if i was going to have another contraction so we can watch him and see. The doctor said for me to goto the hospital just as a precaution.
They call this test the CST (contraction stress test). The were supposed to watch me 20 min, then stimulate me and get me to have contractions (braxton ones) and watch him. They were looking to see if my baby can handle contractions. Some babies are in distress if they are weak babies and would need to be removed immediately. Needless to say, for 20 min there was the possibility he would be born, I called mike, told him to bring the bags. After only 20 min, the nurse comes back in and asks if i feel the contractions. My braxton hicks were the highest they could be on the chart graph. They were also back to back for most of the time. She said they wont need to stimulate me since i'm doing it on my own.
Another 30 min later a nurse comes in a tells me i can go home. She says the baby is really strong and has no problems. Juts ot keep an eye on his fetal movemetns and do the kick counts.
I was freaked out since i wasn't sure if he was coming that day or not. man. at least i got to meet my friday nurses and be in the same room i will be in too. Once i left, and tried to turn off the tv remote, only then i realized how to change the channel. I'm a dork. He, once i arrived, within 5 min i was hooked up and ready to go. In bed, with the gown and paperwork already filled out. They didn't explain how to adjust the stations or anything though.
Tomorrow are my last appointments. Dr. is at 9:45 and my last fetal monitoring is at 10:00. Hope there are no more scares like last time. That was really scary. My nurse was really good though at explaining everything to me though and calmed my fears.
No comments:
Post a Comment