Saturday, May 24, 2008
Ovulation meds a go!
This morning was the first day of my ovulation stimulation medication. You know the ones everyone always hears about. The ones that you give in your stomach. Yeah, those ones. Well, happy to report, I am pretty good at giving my own shots even though I have sweaty shaky palms. Had to get pumped up a bit and meditate before giving it. Mike prepared the meds and handed the "pen" to me. Its like a big writing pen with medication in it. That was the easy part. We kinda had a snafu with the other shot. Last week we had a problem with my left arm hurting and bruising. I thought it was a fluke and after a week of shots elsewhere decided to try again. Well, lets just say the nurse this morning recommends not giving in that arm anymore. The medication had difficulty going in and not to gross people out to much, the meds were in my arm, but not in the fat, since apparently i had none there. So, it is supposed to be "absorbed" by my body. Its been 7 hours and it still feels like an ice pack on my arm, then in my lower arm, then all over. I thought I had an allergic reaction since my arm area swelled up around the injection site. Nope, its just the liquid siting there. In my arm, all puffy and red and gross. UUHHH... Had to lay down since I started to have an anxiety attack. I am still afraid to look at it. My arm turned a white color in that area. oh, man...thats not good. Who would have thought, the stupid simple lupron in the arm would turn out to be the problem, and not the ab injections. Dang. 45 min later, which i am sure it should have only taken 5 min, we were done. I have one more ab injection which i will do tonight at 7:45 since it has to be 12 hours apart from the other one. And so it begins. 10 wonderful days to go. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment