Today was our 1st ultrasound. I am 5 weeks and 6 days. We were very early on getting our appointment because of the holiday so we saw the ges sac/and a perfectly shaped yolk sac. The embryo was hiding since it was a week earlier than we should have come in. The dr. would hold the ultrasound still and we could see "fluttering" in the uterus near the yolk sac. The baby is hiding along the wall. We come back in a week and by then should see a more defined heartbeat.
Another suprise is right above this sac was another very small sac. Now, since it is so soon we won't know till next week if its another baby or just an empty sac. So we have a 50/50 shot at twins. Grandma is completely convinced the other small one will catch up. The dr. said he's seen small ones like this catch up and it was twins, so anything is possible. I cant wait to see a better heartbeat.
Another suprise is right above this sac was another very small sac. Now, since it is so soon we won't know till next week if its another baby or just an empty sac. So we have a 50/50 shot at twins. Grandma is completely convinced the other small one will catch up. The dr. said he's seen small ones like this catch up and it was twins, so anything is possible. I cant wait to see a better heartbeat.
Once more week. I am able to relax since i was soo scared the sac may have developed improperly or something was wrong, so i feel much better. Now i am searching for classes to take for prenatal stuff and exercise classes. It's starting to get a little more real now. Everything is moving forward only mentally i am still stuck in disbelief mode. I got tons of clothes from miss jenny b. which are all really cute. I'm gonna put them in the dresser. Next month I want to got to the eco-friendly baby store up in auburn and register. I'll be almost 3 months by then. Woo Hoo.
Photo of the sac. The larger one and right above is the smaller one that is hard to see on this angle.
No comments:
Post a Comment